Some Facts and Figures about our Grant Giving
Our Annual Reports detail our past grants for each year and the organisations we have supported, as well as information about our policies and priorities. They are available to be downloaded by visiting the Our Finances section of this web site.
We are proud to say that in our first eight years as an incorporated charity (2008 to 2015) we have donated more than £5 million to some 70 difference charitable organisations throughout the UK, including payments of:
- £283,000 to the widows of deceased CSIS policyholders
- £2,111,000 to the Charity for Civil Servants
- £586,000 to the Civil Service Retirement Fellowship
- £435,000 to the BT Benevolent Fund
- £275,000 to the Rowland Hill Fund
- £125,000 to Benenden Trust Charity
- £185,000 to the Railway Benefit Fund
- £160,000 to the MOD Family Activity Breaks (FAB) holiday project for bereaved service families
- £144,000 to support serving and retired prison officers in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- a massive £668,000 to support the work of the hospice movement, including making grants ranging from £5,000 to £80,000 to 30 adult and children's hospices in areas of the country where large numbers of civil servants live and work, and providing £200,000 to support Hospice UK's Care Strategy and Support Team
- nearly £640,000 to some 34 other organisations who we believe can help us to achieve our Objects of relieving need, hardship and distress amongst former, serving and retired civil and public servants and their families.
For information on our current grant giving policy and priorities, which gives a framework for our giving over the next five years, click here.